Serving Size: Serves 4 | Prep Time: 10min | Cook Time: 22min | Total Time: 32min
Not only is this Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe delicious, but it’s also super easy to put together and filled with flavorful ingredients like sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, mozzarella cheese, and pesto…yum! The whole dish comes together in just 30 minutes so it’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner! Try it once and I can guarantee it will top the list of your favorite recipes in no time!
- 4 Large Chicken Breast
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- ¼ cup, Pesto
- 4 tbsp. Cream Cheese
- ¾ cup, Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup, Sundried Tomatoes
- ½ cup, Chopped Spinach
- ¼ cup, Parsley, Minced
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, carefully cut a pocket into the side of the chicken breasts. Take care not to cut all the way through. You are creating a “pocket” for all the filling to bake in.
- Season the chicken with salt, inside and out.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, pesto, cream cheese, and mozzarella. Set aside.
- Layer the inside pockets of your chicken with the cream cheese mixture, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach. Secure the opening with toothpicks if desired.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast-iron pan or ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Sear the chicken on both sides for 3-4 minutes each, until golden brown.
- Place all four breasts back into the pan (or on a baking sheet if you are not using an ovenproof skillet) and place them in the oven until the internal temperature of the chicken breast is 165°F. This takes about 16-18 minutes longer depending on the size of the breast.
Recipe By: The Modern Proper