The BEST Maca Coconut Flour Pancakes!
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp maca powder (I use Indigo Herbs’ Organic Maca Powder)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 2 large, organic eggs
- 3 tbsp almond milk (or choice of milk)
- 1 handful of tart organic raspberries
- 1 dallop of organic Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, tapioca flour, maca, cinnamon, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt. Give it all a stir and ensure there are no lumps.
- Crack in the eggs and add in the almond milk. Whisk together to form a smooth, thick batter. It should be a thickness similar to a fruit puree. If it’s really dry and thick, add another tablespoon of almond milk. (Similarly, if it’s too dry, you can add a tiny bit more coconut flour; it’s very absorbent so start with a half teaspoon).
- Heat a non-stick pan on the stove over a medium heat. Add in half a teaspoon of coconut oil. Spoon in two tablespoons of batter to form a single pancake, smoothing it down to form a small pancake about 10 cm (4 inches) in diameter.
- Cook the pancake on the first side for 2-3 minutes, until just a few bubbles start erupting through and the very edges appear cooked. Then, gently flip and cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter until finished. You should end up with 4 pancakes at this size.
- Add raspberries and yogurt toppings (or other toppings of your choice.)
Latest Health Posts
Established in 2005, Procera has become a leading brain health brand by developing and innovating a line of products specially designed to your support brain health.