Paleo, Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Serving Size: Serves 8 | Prep time: 20min | Total Time: 20min
Did you know that dark chocolate is loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health? Made from the seed of the cocoa tree, it is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet. Studies show that dark chocolate can provide powerful health benefits and can also help to increase blood flow to the brain which means you will have better overall cognitive function. Treat yourself (or a loved one) with this homemade dark chocolate covered strawberries recipe. It’s super easy to make and your tastebuds will definitely be thanking you later!
• 1 lb. fresh, organic strawberries
• 3/4 cup (6 oz.) Dark Chocolate (with 70% or higher cocoa content)
• 1 tsp. organic virgin coconut oil
• 3 tbsp. local, organic honey
• 1/2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- Wash the strawberries and pat them dry. Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a double-boiler, heat the dark chocolate, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until the chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring frequently.
- Dip the strawberries, holding them by the leaves, in the chocolate mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the chocolate covered strawberries in the freezer to set for about 10 minutes. You can serve at this point or melt some additional chocolate and drizzle it over the top for a little creative flair.
Latest Health Posts
Established in 2005, Procera has become a leading brain health brand by developing and innovating a line of products specially designed to your support brain health.