Serving Size: Serves 3 | Prep Time: 10min | Cook Time: 30min | Total Time: 40min
This Sweet Potato Breakfast Skillet recipe is not only delicious, but it’s also really good for you!
There are so many health benefits of including sweet potato into your diet as opposed to regular potatoes. This breakfast is a perfect combination of protein, fat, and fiber you need to include in your diet. Plus, It’s easy to make, whole 30, Paleo and Gluten-Free!
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes cubed, peel if you like
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3 Pieces Uncured Bacon I used Turkey
- 1/4 Cup White Onion Diced
- 2 Tbsp Green Onion Chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the cubed sweet potatoes in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of olive oil until well coated.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to the baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes OR you can toss them in the air fryer at 400F for 10 minutes.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon and onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil until bacon is thoroughly cooked and onion is tender.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, add them to skillet with the onion and bacon.
- Continue to cook for an additional 1-2 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the oven broiler to high. Create three wells in the sweet potatoes and crack an egg in each.
- Place the skillet into the broil heated oven and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Top with green onion and more seasoning if desired.
Nutrition Information: Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 211mg | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 97mg | Vitamin A: 440IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg
Recipe By: Healthy Fitness Meals