Serving Size: 3 – 4 Servings | Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 50 min. | Total Time: 1 hr 5 min.
These mega flavorful, nutrient-dense bowls will help you to start your week off in the right direction.
What makes these bowls so attractive to your gut? A mixture of prebiotic food and naturally fermented probiotic food. (Prebiotics help feed or boost the good bacteria already living in your gut, and probiotics simply add to that population.) Eating a combination of prebiotic and naturally fermented probiotic food (like yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi, fermented pickles, etc) ensures your gut microbiome favors good bacteria, thereby keeping your immune system healthy and strong.
ORANGE CIDER VINAIGRETTE
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/4-inch nub fresh ginger peeled
- 1 small clove garlic peeled
- sea salt to taste
PROBIOTIC POWER BOWLS
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 large red beet roasted and chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower roasted
- 3 cups dandelion greens chopped
- 1/4 small red onion thinly sliced, optional
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts chopped
MAKE THE DRESSING — Add all ingredients for the dressing to a small blender and blend until completely smooth and thick. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
MAKE THE POWER BOWLS — Divide the cooked rice between 3 or 4 large bowls. Top with roasted beets, roasted cauliflower, dandelion greens, green onion, sauerkraut, pumpkin seeds, and raw walnuts. Drizzle the dressing over each bowl and serve.
Recipe By: The Roasted Root