Serving Size: Serves 8 | Prep time: 10min | Cook Time: 15min | Total Time: 25min
This Vegetarian Mediterranean Quinoa Salad will be your new favorite salad recipe!
You may know that a Mediterranean diet rich in fruits, vegetables, olive oil, legumes, whole grains, and fish offers many heart-healthy benefits. Research has also shown that a Mediterranean diet may also benefit your brain! This savory salad is exploding with flavor and ready in less than 30 min. — It’s fresh and light and perfect to enjoy as a meal or as a side!
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped (substitute fresh tomatoes if desired)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (substitute vegan feta cheese if desired)
Lemon Oregano Dressing:
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- To prepare the salad mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. If there is any ingredient you like more of feel free to add more!
- Mix all the salad dressing ingredients together in a small jar. Cover with the lid and shake until incorporated.
- Pour half the salad dressing onto the quinoa salad and give it a taste. If you like more dressing, add more. Otherwise reserve leftover dressing for other salads.
- I usually use about half of the salad lemon oregano dressing on this salad. The rest I keep stored in my fridge. This salad is great to bring to parties & potlucks!
- If there are any ingredients in this salad your not a fan of you can leave them out.
- Prepare your quinoa in advance and store it in the fridge to make this recipe even faster.
Recipe by: choosingchia