Serving Size: Serves 2-3 | Prep time: 15min | Total Time: 15min
Waffles are one of our favorite weekend treats, especially when they’re filled with dark chocolate chips, yum! Though some waffles can taste more like a cake than a wholesome breakfast, this recipe keeps things on the healthier side with maca powder, coconut flour, raw honey, almond butter, and mashed banana.
Our favorite way to enjoy these waffles is topped with coconut cream, sliced almonds, banana, and a dash of cinnamon—they are heavenly! (P.S. This batter also makes great pancakes if you don’t have a waffle maker.)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (or pure maple syrup)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup mashed banana
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- sliced banana
- slivered almonds
- coconut cream
- pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl add combine the coconut flour, maca powder, and baking soda and mix.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs, almond butter, honey, almond milk, vanilla, and mashed banana until smooth.
- Slowly add the wet to the dry and stir until a smooth batter is achieved.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat your waffle iron as directed for the iron, once hot add the batter to the iron.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up – my waffle iron made 6 large waffles.
- Top the waffles with the optional toppings of your choice and enjoy!
Recipe By: nutritioninthekitch.com
We’ve talked about the amazing mood boosting benefits of maca powder before, but did you know that maca powder has a long list of other health benefits? Check them out below!