Serving Size: Serves 4 | Prep time: 20min | Cook Time: 10min | Total Time: 30min
Recipe Note: Marinate the chicken for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours before grilling.
You’re going to love this Greek Grilled Chicken Kabob recipe made with fresh lemon juice and herbs, silky olive oil and tons of garlic!
Summer is officially here! And there’s nothing better than firing up the grill and enjoying some amazing food in the backyard with family and your closest friends! These chicken bites are marinated for up to 24 hours so all the prep work can be done well in advance. You can mix it up with green or yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes and plenty of onion. (Onions are so sweet when grilled, so they’re usually a favorite with guests.) We can’t wait for you to try these amazing kabobs, recipe below!
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (use full fat yogurt for best results)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoons dried)
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces for skewers
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 6-8 skewers (if using wooden skewers soak in water for 30-minutes before grilling)
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Seal and massage the bag to combine all the ingredients.
- Add the chicken to the bag turning to coat. Marinate for 4-24 hours. Turn the bag a few times while marinating.
- Preheat gas grill to 400º F.
- Pour the marinated chicken pieces into a large strainer to remove the excess marinade. Thread chicken pieces onto the skewers alternating with peppers and onions. Grill until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by: Saving Dessert