Serving Size: Serves 8 | Prep Time: 15min | Cook Time: 8 hours | Total Time: 8hours 15min
Looking for some cozy recipes for the fall season? We’ve got the perfect, creamy comfort food, that can be made right in your crockpot! This Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is so quick, easy, and hearty with veggies, rice and chicken! This recipe only takes 15 min. to prep and get started, then can simmer in the crockpot all day while you’re at work with little work from you! It’s one of our favorite dishes to make once the weather starts to cool, we hope you love it too!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups chicken stock/bone broth
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half and half*
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken into a 6-qt slow cooker.
- Stir in chicken stock, wild rice, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, thyme, rosemary and bay leaves; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Add mushrooms during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred, using two forks.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Whisk in milk and half and half, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir chicken and milk mixture into the slow cooker. If the soup is too thick, add more half and half as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Recipe by: damndelicious.net