Serving Size: Serves 4 | Prep time: 15min | Cook Time: 25min | Total Time: 40min
This Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet recipe is a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make meal that will be on your dinner table in no time! A perfect option for a busy weeknight dinner—not to mention, this recipe is also gluten-free, paleo & whole30 friendly too!
- 1 pound free-range organic boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground fresh black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves — minced
- 1 medium sweet potato — peeled and diced
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- ½ pound fresh asparagus — cut at a diagonal in 1 and 2-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
On a cutting board, cut the chicken into small pieces, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic, and chicken.
Sauté the chicken for about 7-10 minutes or until it is cooked through. Don’t forget to stir well. Set the chicken mixture aside.
In the same skillet, add the sweet potatoes and chicken broth.
Cook for about 7-10minutes or until the sweet potatoes are fully cooked.
Add the asparagus, and cook for about 4-5 minutes until tender.
Return the chicken to the pan, and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Amount per serving (1/4) — Calories: 233, Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 99.3mg, Carbohydrates: 9.1g, Sugar: 2.3g, Protein: 32g
Recipe by: Primavera Kitchen