Serving Size: Serves 4 | Prep time: 20min | Cook Time: 10min | Total Time: 30min
Get festive this Independence day with this delicious 4th of July themed Caprese Salad! Looking for some light, festive and healthy side dishes for your 4th of July festivities this week? We’ve got the perfect recipe to add to your grocery list! Fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and blueberries give this Caprese salad a completely unexpected and delicious twist, plus the perfect pop of color as you show your American pride.
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- firm buffalo mozzarella cheese
- Wash blueberries and cherry tomatoes and drain well in a colander. Half cherry tomatoes and toss in a serving bowl with blueberries, set aside.
- Slice mozzarella cheese into ¼ or ½” slices and then cut into small stars with a cookie cutter.
- Top the tomatoes and blueberries with the star cheese.
- Tear fresh basil over-top and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Recipe by: freutcake