Serving Size: 2 | Prep Time: 10 min. | Cook Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 30 min.
This quick and easy cajun bowl is exploding with cajun spices, seared chicken, fresh veggies and topped with avocado which helps to balance and complete the dish. We can promise you that this recipe will become a new household favorite. If you choose to meal-prep or have a family to feed you can easily double or triple the recipe and still have dinner on the table in almost no time at all.
- 3/4 cup, dry long grain rice
- 1 1/2 tbsp, Cajun seasoning
- 2 skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 tbsp, olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- Small bunch of cilantro, chopped or torn into pieces
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Boil a large pan of water, add the rice and simmer for 15 minutes until the rice is tender. Pour into a sieve and leave to drain.
- Whilst the rice is cooking, heat a cast iron griddle pan on a high heat and brush on a little oil.
- Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning and pour half the oil on the chicken breasts and rub it in using your hands. Flatten the chicken breasts slightly with your hands and place on the hot griddle. Cook for 7-10 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is charred and no longer pink in the middle. Place on a chopping board to rest whilst you cook the vegetables.
- Brush the rest of the oil on the griddle and place the peppers and onion on in a single layer. Cook for 5-6 minutes, turning a couple of times, until lightly charred.
- By now the rice should be cooked and drained. Fluff it up with a fork and stir through the cilantro and lime zest.
- Divide the rice between two bowls. Cut the chicken breasts into slices and place on top of the rice. Add the char-grilled peppers and onion and top with the chopped avocado.
Recipe by: kitchensanctuary.com