Serving Size: Serves 4 | Prep time: 10min | Total Time: 10min
I think it’s safe to say that we all typically desire to do better, and eat better on a daily basis. But if we’re being honest, it’s really hard to do sometimes, especially when those leafy greens don’t particularly sound as enticing as that fried chicken dinner, or juicy burger & fries you might be dreaming about…
Let us let you in on a little secret; salads don’t always have to be the same boring and repetitive basic ingredients you would typically expect to find. In fact, we have this amazing recipe that we can’t wait to share with you! It’s made with warm sautéed sweet potatoes, goat cheese, sliced apples, pomegranate seeds and arugula mixed greens providing that perfect flavor you’re craving, and the fruity zing to keep things interesting. We can promise it will have your mouth watering and you begging for seconds. We can’t get enough of these explosive flavors!
ARUGULA /SPINACH SALAD:
- Arugula Salad Mix
- Diced Sweet Potatoes
- Cubed or Crumbled Goat Cheese
- Thinly Sliced Apples
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Toasted Walnuts
WHITE BALSAMIC DRESSING:
- 3 tablespoons of White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Local, Raw, Unprocessed Honey
- 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Ground Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dried Oregano
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium high heat, add diced sweet potatoes and a teaspoon of olive oil. Stir on occasion until potatoes are nicely browned, fully cooked and tender.
- Remove from heat and place sweet potatoes on a plate to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine ground mustard, vinegar, olive oil, raw honey, dry oregano, salt & pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Add fresh arugula, spinach, pomegranate seeds, crumbled/diced goat cheese, sliced apples and toasted walnuts to a large bowl.
- Serve with White Balsamic Dressing.
The best part of this recipe is that it’s full of antioxidants and vital nutrients your brain and body needs to function optimally. Increasing one’s antioxidant intake is essential for optimum health, especially in today’s polluted world. Because the body just can’t keep up with antioxidant production, a good amount of these vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and enzymes must come from one’s daily diet and/or supplementation. Boosting your antioxidant intake can help provide added protection for the body against: heart, eye, memory and immune system problems as well as mood imbalances.