High Energy Mediterranean Cod
Serving Size: Serves 4 | Prep time: 20min | Cook Time: 15min
Bold flavors of artichoke, olive, lemon and basil team up to make this light but satisfying dish a Mediterranean masterpiece! Did you know, that the Mediterranean diet is full of healthy fats for the brain? It can be great for boosting brain power too! This recipe is full of energy boosting ingredients to keep you performing at your very best!
• 8 fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
• 4 true cod fillets, 5 ounces each
• 2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 14 baby artichoke hearts, blanched and grilled
• ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
• 1 lemon, zested and juiced
• 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes
• 2 sprigs basil, chiffonade
1. Parboil fingerling potatoes until tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Evenly season cod fillets with salt and pepper.
3. Heat large pan over medium-high heat.
4. Add oil to hot pan and when it smokes, add fillets.
5. Sauté cod until browned, about 2-3 minutes, then gently flip and sauté for another 2-3 minutes, until cooked through.
6. Remove fish from pan and hold in a warm oven.
7. To the same pan, add potatoes, artichoke hearts, olives, lemon juice, lemon zest and tomatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add fresh basil and serve alongside the cod.
Latest Health Posts
Established in 2005, Procera has become a leading brain health brand by developing and innovating a line of products specially designed to your support brain health.