Low-Carb, Keto Friendly Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup mixed veggies
- 1/4 small onion diced
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- pinch thyme
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 4 1/2 tablespoons of butter melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (or a heaping 1/2 cup of almond flour)
- 2 tablespoons full fat sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella shredded
- Cook 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. chicken in the instant pot for 15 min. on high pressure with 1/2 cup of water. Or, cook chicken in the slow cooker for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low. Or if you want to speed things up, you can also use a rotisserie chicken and shred it instead.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sauté onion, mixed veggies, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper in 2 tablespoons butter in an oven safe skillet for approximately 5 min or until onions are translucent.
- Add heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, poultry seasoning, thyme, and rosemary.
- Sprinkle Xanthan Gum on top and simmer for 5 minutes so that the sauce thickens. Make sure to simmer covered as the liquid will evaporate otherwise. (You need a lot of liquid for this recipe, otherwise, it will be dry.)
- Add shredded/diced chicken.
- Make the breading by combining melted butter (I cool mine by popping the bowl in the fridge for 5 min), eggs, salt, and sour cream in a bowl then whisk together.
- Add coconut flour (or almond flour) and baking powder to the mixture and stir until combined.
- Stir in cheese.
- Drop batter by dollops on top of the chicken pot pie. Do not spread it out, as the coconut flour (or almond flour) will absorb too much of the liquid.
- Bake in a 400º oven for 15-20 min.
- Set oven to broil and move chicken pot pie to top shelf. Broil for 1-2 minutes until bread topping is nicely browned. Sprinkle a little dried parsley on top if desired.
Latest Health Posts
Established in 2005, Procera has become a leading brain health brand by developing and innovating a line of products specially designed to your support brain health.