Clean Eating, Taco Breakfast Scramble!
Serving Size: Serves 4 | Prep time: 10min | Cook Time: 15min | Total Time: 25min
Packed with protein, this breakfast scramble recipe is not just perfect for clean eating, it’s perfect for meal prep too! Make these taco flavored breakfast bowls ahead of time & they’ll last up to 4 days in the fridge! Genius for a busy morning!
By eating a diet full of healthy foods, it nourishes your body and gives you sustainable energy throughout the day so you won’t be going from a sugar high to sugar crash! Give this recipe a try and enjoy!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil, divided
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1.5 Tbsps taco seasoning
- 8 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced chopped
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- a small bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat half a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and peppers, then sauté until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add meat, and seasonings then cook while breaking up the meat until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add black beans to the meat mixture, combine well and cook 1 more minute. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl and eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper, then whisk well to combine.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, over medium heat.
- Add eggs and cook until scrambled to your liking.
- Divide the meat mixture among 4 glass containers, then add the scrambled eggs, cherry tomatoes, and avocado as shown.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and refrigerate until ready to serve, or up to 4 days. Enjoy!
Latest Health Posts
Established in 2005, Procera has become a leading brain health brand by developing and innovating a line of products specially designed to your support brain health.